Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Conversation With A Born Again Catholic


RE: ARE CATHOLICS CHRISTIANS?

God judges the heart. If you want to know how God deals with an entire group of believers read Jesus' words to the seven churches in Revelation. It begins like this: Rev 1:11 "Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send [it] unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea."

All doctrinal issues aren't necessarily "deal breakers." "YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN," walking faithfully & lovingly in the light of revealed knowledge. Gladly, the Nicene Creed espouses salvation, but it's often believed yet ignored, rendered powerless by neglect. As a former Catholic myself, had I not been challenged by another former Catholic to revisit my faith, I would have perished in apostasy. This is sobering since so many Catholics are uncertain of their eternal destiny. Consider salvation a sacrament, of primary importance, because you can't wash sin with water. Only the blood of Jesus cleanses sin, thru faith. Once my spirit is cleansed then my soul, that is, my mind, will & emotions, is ready for a lifelong transformation. Baptism signifies I am wholly dedicated to this process, "dead to the world, alive to Christ." Notice that babies aren't baptized at the Jordan River in Jesus' Ministry, or John the Baptist's.

No comments: