Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Friendship With A Muslim


If I am to be your friend I will have to be honest with you. I don't expect you to be perfect or follow my path just yet, but we must maintain mutual respect. I am willing to forgive, but my convictions remain stalwart. I want you to discover the truth, & there is only one truth. For now you have your opinion about that, & so do I. I will try to make my case without being melodramatic. I have your interests in mind.

Also, I love Israel. I am commanded to do so. I follow the path of Isaac where my faith is concerned. God preserved Yišmāʿêl because of Hagar's prayer & His compassion. From my experience His Plan B is as awesome as His Plan A if we receive it humbly & obediently. Prophecy foretells Israel will face severe tribulation, tough times, but through it, every nation will behold the glory of God. I mean, Israel is a "fishhook" to the nations, executing God's master plan. As in the days of Moses, God will glorify Himself, through a mighty deliverance of Israel. Don't plan on moving to Damascus anytime soon.

Isaiah 17:1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from [being] a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

If anyone doubts God's allegiance to Israel it won't be long before this doubt is removed. Afterward, we must all repent. You see, the Jews didn't recognize Jesus either. So they are not better, but they are chosen. They are servants of God, but we are sons of God, sons through adoption. Meanwhile, the first sons, who are now servants, will also return to their Messiah. This does not exclude Arabs, Persians, Asians, Russians, etc.. Jesus CAME to redeem the world to Himself. Simple, child-like faith, not a set of rigorous daily devotions, pleases God. I know because I too was trained in this rigorous fashion & found no life, no joy, & no fulfillment. We are already slaves to sin, so God never meant us to be twice slaves...to religion & sin. We are slaves to God, but love slaves. We are willing to serve Him without bars, chains, punishment, incentives, laws that cauterize free will but not the sin nature.

Isa 33:20 Look upon Zion, the city of our solemnities: thine eyes shall see Jerusalem a quiet habitation, a tabernacle [that] shall not be taken down; not one of the stakes thereof shall ever be removed, neither shall any of the cords thereof be broken.

No comments: